ADVENTURE & CULTURAL PACKAGES
All packages include a/c transportation from and to Ave Maria University. Minimum Passenger requirement must be fulfilled by Wednesday before tour event. For tour prices and more information please contact Lucia Hodgson at email@example.com
HALF DAY TOURS
Culture and History – Visit the City of Granada Granada, Nicaragua
: with an estimated population of 110,326 (2003), is Nicaragua
's fourth most populous city and capital of the Granada Department
. Granada is historically one of Nicaragua's most important cities both economically and politically. It is situated on the northwestern shore of Lake Cocibolca
and was founded by Francisco Hernández de Córdoba
on December 8, 1524. It has a rich colonial heritage, seen in its architecture and layout. Granada is commonly nicknamed the "Gran Sultana del Gran Lago" - the Great Sultan of the Great Lake. Visit will include: colonial city of Granada, main churches, La Polvora Fortress, Main Square, San Francisco Convent and Museum.
Visit the City of San Juan de Oriente y Apoyo Lagoon San Juan de Oriente
: is 45 km south of the Nicaraguan capital Managua
. It possesses shoreline along Laguna de Apoyo, a crater lake. The municipality of San Juan de Oriente was founded in 1585. It was called San Juan de los Platos because the residents made clay dishes to be used during religious festivals in the region. The Nicoya and Potosme tribes lived here and spoke the language Náhuatl
. The colonial style church was constructed in 1612 by Gervasio Gallegos de Galacia and Juan de Bracamonte y Peñaranda. The patron saint festival in San Juan de Oriente celebrates the birth of John the Baptist on the week of June 24. The celebration consists of many processions with statues of John the Baptist
, fireworks, and most famous of all "chilillo", a dance/sport where two "chinegros" use dried bovine penises fashioned in the form of a saber complete with leather handguard to whip their opponent. After a few seconds somebody in the costume of a yegüita (mare) gets between the two contestants ending the bout. While no winners or losers are declared, the hard whipping does leave marks or scars.
Ecological & Fun - Visit to the Canopy at Mombacho Mombacho, Granada, Nicaragua on world map, pictures, travel
... "On our way back down from Volcan Mombacho, we decided do the canopy tour and zip line from 17 platforms. The canopies are attached to giant trees suspended over the coffee farm of El Progreso, all surrounding the volcano.The entire zip line course runs 1,500 meters, and there is a hanging and shaky rope bridge to cross from one of the platforms. The last step is to rappel from a large ceiba tree 23 meters down to the Cuttire Farm. It was beautiful up there. You can see Lake Cocibolca from some of the platforms. A coffee plantation was right below us. The massive trees look so alive with orchids and ferns growing from their branches. Click here to see a pod!
FULL DAY TOURS
Package #2-Adventure and Ecology Somoto (Nicaragua)
is situated in the central highlands near the upper Coco River. It serves as a commercial centre for the hinterland, in which dairy farming, the manufacturing of hammocks, and the gathering of pine pitch are the principal economic activities.
Adventure & History in Granada
Visit the Islands of Granada & the Island of the Dead. Spend the afternoon at the island resting and enjoying a delicious Nicaraguan lunch.
ONE DAY PACKAGES UPON REQUEST (you choose the date that is best for you)
- Package #1: Climbing Cerro Negro Volcano Guide, Alain Creusot. A 1 hour walk on the northeast side of the volcano, wonderful sightseeing and photographic landscapes. Includes bilingual and authorized guide.
- Package #2 : Climbing MombachoGuide, Alain Creusot. An exciting walk in a lush tropical forest and a wonderful visit to the Centro Biológico Volcan Mombacho. Click here to see the pod
- Package #3: Climbing El Telica VolcanoGuide, Alain Creusont. An 8 hour walk up and down the volcano, wonderful sightseeing and photographic landscapes. Includes bilingual and authorized guide.
THREE DAY PACKAGES
- Caribbean Island Adventure (3 days/2 nights)
Three days and two nights at Corn Island located 70Km off the Caribbean Coast of Nicaragua. Click to see a pod!
- Volcanic Island Adventure in middle of Lake Nicaragua (3 days/2 nights)
Ometepe is a beautiful island set in the middle of Lake Nicaragua, formed thousands of years ago by two formidable volcanoes.
- Ecology, Nature, Adventure in San Juan River (3 days/2 nights)
Rio San Juan connects the southern part of Lake Nicaragua with the Caribbean Sea. Visited by the British Royal Navy and English buccaneers in colonial times, Rio San Juan’s southern bank serves as boundary between Nicaragua and Costa Rica. Click here to see a pod!
PACKAGES OFFERED BY AMERICAN TRAVEL AND TOURS UPON REQUEST
- Package #1: Sun/Beach Tourism (3days/2 nights): Marina Puesta del Sol
- Package #2: Ecological Tourism (2 days/1 night): Norome Resort & Villas
- Package #3: Ecological Tourism: Selva Negra Hotel
- Package #4: Tourism: Barceló Playa Montelimar
- Package #5: Ecological Tourism and Cultural Immersion: Bluefields